Guidance Counsellor Resources
Foreign-language skills will be key to the success of Irish industry in the coming years. As non-English speaking countries take a bigger slice of the global economy and Ireland becomes more diverse, languages will give students a distinct advantage. Language learners tend to be better listeners, better able to juggle competing priorities and are more sensitive to diversity.
Secondary School Student Language Learning Supports
- PPLI offer Online support in essay writing for 5th and 6th-year students of Polish, Lithuanian and Portuguese, for more information click here.
- Saturday Classes for lesser taught languages are also available with qualified PPLI teachers
- Check out our Careers Portal Online Database of Third Level Language Courses
- Get TY students involved with our #ThinkLanguages Event
- Introduce a School Exchange to bring the language to life
Hear what third level students have to say about their language learning journey, how beneficial they have found their experiences, and the important role language skills will play in their future.
The Mobility Guidance Counselling Module
With a growing number of students going abroad to study , either as part of an Erasmus+ exchange or for the entire duration of their degree, the Mobility Guidance Counselling module was designed to provide guidance counsellors with the skills they need to support students in their quest to study, work or volunteer abroad. See here for more information
For information and teaching resources for your school’s MFL Department, see PPLI.ie