What Can We Do To Support You?
Help your MFL Teachers, Guidance Counsellors and students by providing resources and promotional ideas including teaching material, events, information and Leaving Cert Saturday Classes and Online Essay writing support for lesser taught languages.
For more information and teaching resources for your MFL Teachers or ways to broaden the choice of languages in your school see PPLI.ie
The MFL Teacher Upskilling Scheme was developed under ‘Languages Connect’ strategy to develop existing, unused ‘dormant’ language capacity in our schools.
The scheme is aimed at languages teachers qualified in a language they are not teaching or are not teaching to full capacity.
Teachers can upskill to teach a language again after a period of not teaching it, or expand their teaching of the new language, perhaps moving from junior cycle teaching to senior cycle teaching.
With upskilling, schools are able to expand their capacity in languages provision or add new languages that are available on the curriculum.
MFL teachers in French, German, Spanish, Italian and Russian languages are currently availing of the upskilling scheme.
Twenty schools have been awarded €15,000 each to contribute towards exchange costs and to offer scholarships to students who would not otherwise be able to participate. Click here for more information about the School Exchanges Scheme.
• Supplementary training materials are available on the PPLI website free of charge for all MFL teachers to diversify, enhance, and expand MFL teaching
• Resources to support teaching and learning in the classroom
• Resources for guidance counsellors are available as lesson plans
• Work placement portal and resources
• PPLI can assist you with the introduction of new languages via short courses, TY modules, and introductory first year courses.
• Curriculum support is available from PPLI. A generic short course has been developed for use in providing any MFL, and specific short courses in ISL, Japanese, Lithuanian, Polish, and Russian. All are fully aligned with NCCA templates and guidelines.