Try a New Language on Culture Night
Culture Night takes place on Friday, 23 September 2022.
Languages Connect and the European Commission invite you to try out their language taster classes which are being offered as part of both Culture Night on Friday 23rd September and in European Day of Languages on Monday 26th September.
With 19 different languages to choose from, the taster classes are aimed at everyone and anyone who would like to try out a language. If you want to have a few words for your next holiday or to greet neighbours or colleagues from abroad, or if you just fancy trying out a new language then the 20-minute sessions are ideal.
Languages on offer include a wide range of European languages, and three Asian languages – Chinese, Japanese and Korean. This year classes are being run over two days and are a mix of online and in person. Friday September 23rd will see the classes taking place in person, amidst the buzz of Dublin on Culture Night. The classes will be at Europe House on Lower Mount Street and participants will have the opportunity to have drinks and nibbles and socalize with classmates afterwards.
In person classes which are taking place at Europe House are:
· Catalan, Chinese, Estonian, German and Romanian sessions at 5pm, 5.30pm, 6pm and 6.30pm concurrently
· Croatian, Italian, Korean, Lithuanian and Ukrainian sessions at 7pm, 7.30pm, 8pm and 8.30pm concurrently.
If you are unable to attend on Culture Night or prefer the convenience of online, then register for one (or more) of our online classes taking place on Monday 26th September, the European Day of Languages.
Online classes available are:
· Finnish, Greek and Japanese sessions at 5pm, 5.30pm, 6pm and 6.30pm concurrently
· Bulgarian, French and Irish at 6pm, 6.30pm, 7pm and 7.30pm concurrently
· Polish, Portuguese and Spanish sessions at 7pm, 7.30pm, 8pm and 8.30pm concurrently.
Spaces are expected to fill up fast so register now.