Terms and Conditions
#ThinkLanguages Competition Terms and Conditions
PPLI, facilitated by Real Nation and sponsored by the Department of Foreign Affairs
on behalf of PPLI
#ThinkLanguages Champion Team Competition
Trip to Brussels subject to specified conditions described below
The #ThinkLanguages Champion Team deemed as most accomplished in the outlined competition criteria
Individual school teams who submit their entry as per the directions outlined
#ThinkLanguages Festival Line Up Document
Post-Primary Languages Ireland (PPLI) is a dedicated unit of the Department of Education, providing expertise and support for foreign languages education in Ireland, predominantly at post-primary level.
Six students of Transition Year within the same school who have organised a #ThinkLanguages festival during #ThinkLanguages Week 2023
Festival Lineup Entry Form
Entry form for the competition, available on https://languagesconnect.ie/thinklanguages/
Terms & Conditions:
- The competition is open to schools who have registered for #ThinkLanguages 2023 and hold their #ThinkLanguages event during the week of 27/11/2023 and 1/12/2023 inclusive.
- There is no entry fee
- By entering this competition, schools have accepted the Terms
- The competition consists of the following:
a. One entry per school submitted on or before 11.59pm, Friday 10 November 2023.
b. Entries shall be submitted to #ThinkLanguages by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Festival Lineup Entry Form.
c. Entry forms received after the competition entry deadline will not be accepted.
d. The entry form contains a number of details about the entrants’ festival including the names of the students included in the champion team. Only the students outlined in this entry form will be eligible to represent the school in the later stages of the competition and are the only students eligible to receive the prize.
e. Entry forms are to be submitted by the supervising teacher on behalf of the champion team.
f. Entries shall be adjudicated by PPLI, in conjunction with a judging panel appointed by PPLI. Lobbying or canvassing of PPLI or their representatives in advance of adjudication and deliberation will not be permitted.
g. Shortlisted schools selected from the adjudication of entry forms will be notified that a member of the judging panel will be visiting their school on the day of their #ThinkLanguages event.
h. Adjudication of live events will consist of standardised scorecards and subjective to the experience of the judges.
i. Finalists will be notified by Friday, 15 December 2023.
j. Finalists of the competition will be invited to an awards event at a location in Dublin in January 2024, where they may be asked to provide an overview of their day with supporting materials for adjudication. Parental Consent will need to be obtained by Teachers.
k. Finalist schools and subsequent overall winner will be published on Languages Connect as well as on Languages Connect social media platforms
l. Overall winner will be announced at the awards event, following final adjudication which will take place on the day.
m. If a finalist school is unable to attend the awards event, their position will be forfeited.
a. The prize includes:
- Flights for up to eight adults (16+ years of age) to Brussels, Belgium (students named on the entry form and minimum of 2 teachers/equivalent school supervisors)
- Two-night stay at a hotel in Brussels for up to eight adults
- City tour to be defined.
- Visit to the European Parliament.
- Allocation for meals and spending money
- Travel Insurance
b. The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability, and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
c. Travel must take place before April 30th 2024.
d. Preferred dates may be subject to availability of flights, accommodation and schedule of European Parliament tours.
f. Two teachers must commit to accompanying and supervising the students and take full responsibility for their conduct while on the trip
g. Details of travel insurance will be provided in advance. All other liability is the responsibility of the school.
h. Parental consent will be needed for the trip
The Champion Team:
a. All students who submit an entry as part of the Champion Team must be registered students in a Post Primary School in the Republic of Ireland and be between the ages of 16 and 18 at the time of flying.
b. The promoter reserves the right to seek verification from the relevant school of the registration of any student who has entered the competition.
c. The promotor reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion.
d. It is imperative that all entries must be the students’ original work which may have been guided/aided by a teacher and are not plagiarised wholly or in part.
e. There can be a maximum of six students in each champion team
- The promotor cannot accept responsibility for lost or delayed entries. Proof of online submission is not proof of receipt.
- Photos and videos collected by the promotor’s appointed judges and media representatives at school events and at the prizegiving event may be used in promotions associated with #ThinkLanguages and any related or future competitions
- By entering this competition, Teachers and Champion Team members consent to any imagery or media captured during the process, to being used by PPLI for promotional purposes
- The promotors decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promotor shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
The promotor reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- Failure on the part of any entrant to adhere to any or all of these terms and conditions may render an entry invalid.
- Irish law applies to these terms and conditions.